Thursday 26 December 2013

Holidays

Christmas can be tough when you're not feeling very merry. It seems like the rest of the world is erupting in joy and love and you're stuck under a bubble of gloom.

Christmas day was a big family affair and I managed to pull myself together enough to enjoy it, although I drank too much wine and felt shocking today as a result.

I haven't been taking the most excellent care of myself lately. I've been drinking too much too often and sleeping erratically. I half expect that I'm going to go into a state of collapse soon and part of me doesn't even care. I was fantasising about going to hospital the other day at work. I feel I could do with some extra care at present and have all my meals prepared for me and not be expected to do anything with my days. I don't think I'm sick enough to go to hospital, I think I just need a break.

I'm planning on taking some time off at the end of January but that feels like an awfully long time to wait to get some respite.

Maybe I should talk to my boss about cutting back to 4 days a week so I have the chance to rest a bit more. Perhaps just until I'm feeling a bit better. Christmas has exhausted me and New Years Eve will surely take its toll too. I've come a long way this year but I still need to work hard at taking better care of myself.

Amidst all the goings on of the silly season I think that could be a sensible idea. Yes, rest more and perhaps curtail the drinking and hopefully that will be enough to see me out of the woods.

I hope your festive season is happy and restful too.

No comments:

Post a Comment